Background

Monday, August 25, 2014

PLUS: BONUS RECIPE BELOW!!!


SUNDAY: LEFTOVER PIZZA

My BFF's Bethany and Meghan came over Saturday night to celebrate Beth's birthday (the big two-eight). We had some pizza...and may or may not have made up a dance to Aaliyah's "Tell Me Your That Somebody" feat. Timbaland. So Sunday night, the husband and I just had leftovers.

HINT: Place a small cup of water in the microwave with your pizza when reheating to keep the crust from being dry and chewy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY B!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!


MONDAY: JAMBALAYA


CLICK HERE for my previous post for Jambalaya with Conecuh sausage. I picked this recipe for Monday because I have a tennis match, and it is SO EASY that my husband can cook it himself!! So, ladies, don't be afraid to put those men to work ;)


TUESDAY: CHEESEBURGER PIE

I thought I'd get creative and make a collage of the different steps I took in making this easy and delicious recipe...you're welcome...


- 1 lb. ground beef (I like 80/20 and it's cheaper)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- EITHER 1 can Rotel (which I did not have, so I made up this option...) OR 1 can chopped tomatoes, or chop up a fresh tomato yourself, and add a few dashes of cajun seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg

Preheat oven to 400F. In a large skillet, add beef, onion, chiles, tomatoes, salt & pepper until meat is brown and veggies are softened. Drain and pour mixture into a greased pie plate. Layer cheese on top of meat mixture. In a small bowl, whisk together bisquick, milk, and egg until smooth. Pour into pie plate over other layers. Bake at 400F for approx. 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
NOTE: I would have loved to add bacon as a layer on top of the cheese, but I didn't have any :(


WEDNESDAY: FIREHOUSE SUBS

We have prayer meeting on Wednesday night at church, so we're just going to grab some Firehouse with our friends, the Bly's.


THURSDAY: TACO SALAD


Who doesn't like tacos? Seriously? It seems like every time we've tried to have "taco night", we find ourselves out of shells really quickly and end up making "nachos" instead... so we finally decided to just skip the shells and go straight to the nachos. Quick. Easy. Delicious.

- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- Tostitos Bite-Size Rounds
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheddar cheese (or sometimes we will get fancy and buy the queso dip)
- Salsa
- Sour cream
- Jalapenos

In a large skillet, make your taco meat according to directions on the seasoning packet. Starting with the tortilla chips, layer your plate with the chips, meat, lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream, and jalapenos.


FRIDAY: STEAK, POTATOES, & ASPARAGUS


My husband can grill a steak...for real y'all... I had to get instructions from him because I honestly never touch the grill. My job is to handle the sides - he does the grilling (and of course the dishes! seriously, though...)

We made some delicious, large ribeyes -- the picture shown above was the smaller HALF of ONE steak. I ate the other half later ;)

- Steaks
- Meat tenderizer
- Italian dressing
- Southern Flavor original charbroil seasoning
- Baked potatoes with desired toppings
- Asparagus

According to the hubby, he starts off by poking holes in the steak with a fork and sprinkling meat tenderizer on them. Then marinate them in a Ziploc bag with Italian dressing. Get the grill hot and sear them on the flames for approx. 1 minute per side. Then take them off the flame to continue cooking to desired temperature. When you take them off the flame, sprinkle some of the Southern Flavor seasoning on there.

While he was grillin' it up outside, I threw two baked potatoes in the microwave and put my asparagus in the oven on 350F with some olive oil and kosher salt for approx. 5 minutes. I know the menu says slaw, but I forgot to pick up the lettuce, so we had asparagus instead...


BONUS RECIPE: ITALIAN PASTA



I will be taking an off week from blogging next week because I'll be out of town for work, so here is a bonus recipe for y'all:

- Arnone's Italian sausage (find at the Piggly Wiggly - it's the best...)
- 1 can diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 jar Bertolli's Vidalia Onion pasta sauce (because I had it in the fridge - you can use whatever red pasta sauce you prefer...)
- 1 box Rotelle or Rotini noodles
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese

Cook noodles according to package. While noodles are cooking, brown and drain sausage in a large skillet. Add sausage back to pan along with tomatoes and sauce (the hubby does not prefer a lot of sauce, so I don't use a whole jar). At this point, if I have it around the house, I also add in 1/4 tsp minced garlic, salt, pepper, and some Italian seasoning as well, but it's not crucial to the dish. Drain noodles, add to skillet and stir to mix all ingredients together. **TIP: sometimes my sauce will be too thick, and I will reserve a little of the noodle water and add in to thin it out a little. Top with cheese and pop in the oven (if you have an oven-proof skillet) under broil for just a few minutes to melt cheese and get that nice brown "char" look on top. I like to sprinkle some parsley on top to finish it off and make it look pretty :)  ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment